Plastic SCM 1.5 is out!We are very happy to announce the new Plastic SCM 1.5 release!
Plastic SCM 1.5 introduces a number of new features and enhancements over the previous version 1.0.
The new release is a step ahead in the product evolution. The most important features on the new Plastic SCM release are:
- Query System: the new Plastic SCM release introduces the new query system. The query system is the mechanism provided by Plastic to search data inside the different repositories in a customizable way.
- New Security System: new capabilities allow the definition of customized access rights to directory trees (and still being able to customize the repository and branch hierarchy) greatly simplifying the security management. A new type of special user is introduced, the owner, allowing administrators and SCM managers to set special permissions to the objects’ creators.
- Branch explorer: it is one of the most anticipated features in the new Plastic SCM release. Now developers will be able to visualize the whole project evolution using this new capability, which is a new step ahead, together with the 3D version tree, in SCM data representation.
- Merge system improvements: the merge system has been greatly improved for release 1.5. The Plastic SCM merge support was already one of the most powerful merge system available, implementing features like merge tracking, true rename (required for refactoring support) and an optimized contributor calculation. During the last months the development team has worked in merge performance and implementing an even better renaming support.
- SQL Server support: Plastic SCM is a new generation system and hence uses a RDBMS as data backend. The backend can be configured by the user.The first Plastic SCM official release only implemented Firebird (http://www.firebirdsql.org) as data backend, which is a strong and fast open source database. Plastic SCM will continue including Firebird as recommended database but SQL Server (2005 and higher) support has been introduced to adapt to customers’ current IT options.
- PowerBuilder integration: Plastic SCM implements a SCC compatible plugin which provides full Visual Studio integration. A number of IDE are compatible with SCC and the 1.5 release has been specifically tuned to include PowerBuilder as one of the supported platforms.
- CruiseControl support: the release 1.5 is integrated with CruiseControl 2.7, allowing users to automate build and release tasks both with .NET and Java.
- JDeveloper plugin: there is a new JDeveloper plugin. Now both JDeveloper and Eclipse developers can benefit from a full featured integration which will boost their productivity working together with Plastic.
- Enhanced Linux installer: release 1.5 introduces an enhanced Linux based installer. Now installing and setting up Plastic will be much easier on systems like Ubuntu, Suse and Fedora.
Codice Software team!