Plastic SCM 220.127.116.112 Release is out!!
A new week, a new release: this time we're announcing 18.104.22.1682 (Build 372 as we name it internally). It is a new release of the 4.1 version, including a big number of bug fixes and new features!!
While you can read the detailed release notes, this blogpost will highlight the most relevant features and bugfixes.Remember you can find the latest installer here
Visual Studio Package: Create a Visual Studio toolbar
Now the Visual Studio plugin includes Toolbar showing the most common views available in Plastic SCM GUI: Pending changes under solution, Branches, Branch Explorer, Labels, Changesets, Repositories,Synchronization, Workspace explorer, and Pending changes in the workspace., Repositories,Synchronization, Workspace explorer, Pending changes in the workspace.
By clicking on these buttons the corresponding Plastic SCM view will appear, the same behavior as clicking on View -> Plastic SCM menu.
Visual Studio Toolbar
In addition to that, shortcuts have been added to open these views:
- Pending changes view -> Alt+Shift+P
- Branches view -> Alt+Shift+B
- Branch Explorer view -> Alt+Shift+E
- Labels view -> Alt+Shift+L
- Changesets view -> Alt+Shift+C
- Repositories view -> Alt+Shift+R
- Synchronization view -> Alt+Shift+S
- Workspace Explorer view -> Alt+Shift+I (Items)
- Pending changes on workspace view -> Alt+Shift+W (Workspace)
- From VS2005 to VS2008, toolbar can float, but in VS2010 and VS2012 toolbar appear docked in the main toolbar section.
- The first time that the plugin is loaded (open a project in Visual Studio) after Plastic SCM installation the toolbar will appear automatically, so that users will notice it. Then you can dock it somewhere or hide it.
- You can customize the toolbar to show only the buttons that you prefer, as usual with other toolbars.
The Diff View was suddenly closed issuing the following commands: --showbranch=full_branch_spec --showchangeset=full_changeset_spec
Show changeset example, “Show Diff View of changeset number 7”
'plastic.exe -- changeset =cs:7@tools@localhost:8087
After you enter the command, the below figure will show up:
Diff View of changesets
Show changeset example, “Show Diff View of branch SCM001”
Diff View of branch SCM001
GUI: increase the progress dialog size
GUI: Update progress dialog size increased to avoid cut texts.
Eclipse plugin: localization issue in the changesets view fixed.
Web UI (beta version): empty branches and changesets view
On the web client, the Branches View and the Changesets View were not showing information due to the regional settings. Fixed!
Web UI(beta version): show information with special characters
On the web client the Charts didn't show because the repository name contained some speciall characters. Fixed.
Remind Plastic SCM Web UI is a beta version. In Plastic SCM forum, brave testers share their experience with us: Web UI client set up problems. Thanks all