Plastic SCM 184.108.40.2068 Release is out!!
As you all know, we're trying to stick to the golden rule of "one release a week". So... here it comes the BL388 :)
We're also giving Plastic SCM releases a code name, and our build master chooses a new city every week or so. The one for this week is sort of movie inspired: Plastic SCM 220.127.116.118 is also known as Casablanca.
Download the latest version of Plastic SCM at here.
If you want to check what's new there, don't forget to take a look at the release notes.
The Version Tree 2D Filter Algorithm
The version tree 2D filter algorithm has been improved:
- Only relevant labels are shown.
- Included some options to filter. Now you are able to see:
- Only revisions.
- Revisions and merges from revisions to other changesets.
- Availability to view/hide labels.
- Availability to view all merges related to the history of the current file.
Hide Plastic’s Office panel
As usual, we try to solve as many user requests as possible, so here it comes a suggestion from user voice.
The user preferences are now saved for Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The behavior is the following:
- Word: if the user closes the window, the preferences are saved.
- Excel and PowerPoint: the preferences are only saved if the action is done with the ribbon button.
Notes: Microsoft Office versions tested:
Microsoft Office 2007: It works for Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Microsoft Office 2010: It works for Word and Excel. PowerPoint 2010 add-in is no longer installed.
Show hint in Plastic SCM logo
Plastic GUI: Added a hint when a custom logo is shown. This is a small nuisance that will allow us to add more info whenever we publish a custom logo :P
Move Detection: Filter by extension
Now the merge and the differences tool can be configured for a specific pattern instead of only for an extension.
For example, we can use the following patterns:
- “.cs” - Any file with cs extensión
- “*.cs” - Any file with cs extensión
- “README” – Any file which name is “README”
- “Diff*” – Any file that starts with “Diff”
- “^Diff.*(\.es)|(\.nl)\.resx$” – Any “es” or “nl” resource file that starts with Diff (Diff*.es.rex & Diff*.nl.resx)
In order to get this, click on “Preferences” option and click on “Diff Tools”. Then if you choose “Add..” option the figure below shows:
Choose now “Merge Tools” and click on “Add..” option. The window will look like this:
Pending Changes: wrong number of mergelinks was shown
On “Pending Changes” view, the merge was shown multiples times, while it was in progress. Fixed!
First char removed in merge & diff using UTF8
UTF8 is the enconding designed for Plastic SCM team to make the differences and merges.
The issue was detected when a file had a different UTF8 enconding, then the first byte was not process properly. Fixed!
Wrong diffs on Xlinks
Diffs on Xlinks were calculated incorrectly when the differences was pointing to a different repository. It was always trying to solve the differences locally on the same server. Fixed!
We hope you enjoy our new release!!