New release 184.108.40.2063 is out
We’re glad to announce a new 5.0 release! It has been out for a few days under “labs” in our website but we’re just announcing it now in the blog.
This release comes with a big number of improvements and bug fixes but the most notable one is the Branch Explorer support in Eclipse:
The Branch Explorer context menu still doesn’t have all the available options but a new release with the most usual ones is about to be finished.
Please also note that now the “branch view” (list of branches at the top of the screenshot) is configurable with a “find” query.
Here we go with the detailed list of changes.
With this 5.0 release we start the Hawaii 5.0 series of releases as requested by one of our users! :P
Besides the new branch explorer and configurable views, we included a good number of bug fixes:
- At the branch or history view. If the comment is empty you will see an unlocalizated text: "add.autocomment"
- The old tree 2d was still in the Eclipse context menu.
- When you are "importing" a repository into a new workspace. In the "Checkout project from Plastic SCM" view the filter is useless if you are trying to filter by repository since once you have the repository you wanted to search filtered you can't expand the branches inside it, you don't even have the expand button so you can't continue to the next page. Implemented the repository/branch selection in two steps. You have to clean the filter, search the repository manually and then expand the branches and finally select the branch.
- At the end of the process of importing a Plastic SCM repository into a Plastic SCM workspace, when we have to perform the update operation, the operation is done in the main threat and there's not progress. Eclipse is frozen until the operation ends.
- Preferences improvement, create and switch: added a checkbox "Switch to this branch" in the create branch dialog.
- Missing branch history icons: the “merge from”, and “merge to” icons did not appear in the branch properties dialog.
- Eclipse: Show views like Plastic SCM views: new Plastic SCM views in Eclipse. You can see branches, labels and changesets, for each workspace. Added a query textbox so the user can modify the query to personalize the view, using the 'cm query' syntax.
- Error renaming package: Fixed an error (wk_root is not a plastic scm workspace) when moving resources in Eclipse.
- Pending changes view checkboxes slow perf: improved performance checking/unchecking nodes on the pending changes views, when there are a lot of elements.
- Not responding views first load: launching the pending changes view was blocking the UI thread using very big projects.
- Eclipse: find & remove status call for each item: improved the performance of the status refreshing of the projects when they are imported into Eclipse workspace through the "Import projects from PlasticSCM" wizard.
- Eclipse 4.0: Improve share project dialog: improved the getCmPath dialog (the dialog that appears when the Plastic SCM command line executable is not found)
- Potential endless import wizard: using the "Import projects from PlasticSCM" wizard, when the number of imported projects was more than 50 projects, some of them were not associated to PlasticSCM after the wizard was closed. Fixed.
KNOWN ISSUE: It could happen that using the "Import projects from PlasticSCM" wizard, and using the "Import existing projects into workspace" in the last step of the wizard, some of the projects are not bind to PlasticSCM. This happens when the number of imported projects is high, more than 150 projects. This issue will be fixed soon. As a workaround, users should click on "Share project" menu option after the import wizard dialog finishes. The "Share project" feature is available from the Team's context menu of the unbind projects in the package explorer.
Some improvements too in GitSync (which as you know is included with 5.x series).
- Set mail for plastic users: added a new configuration file "gitsync.conf". It is now possible to define in this file a mapping between plastic users and e-mail addresses to set the configuration file to use them as author and committer e-mail address when committing to Git.
- Import branches as child branches: GitSync now pulls branches hierarchically. E.g.: a branch in Git named "main-task001" will be imported in plastic as a branch "task001" child of "main" -> /main/task001.
- Avoid changesets in branch after head: improved the algorithm of assignment of commits to branches. Before, sometimes changesets where imported in a branch after its head.
- Null in update when a dir has trailing dots: the update operation was failing in Windows when the path to update contained a directory with trailing dots in the name. Fixed.
- CodeReview:comments are cut with a focused one: fixed navigation issue in the "Code review" window.
- Modify LDAP credential view when user is unknown: Added LDAP support to input a login when a user or password is not valid.
- Archive: cli help has some mistakes: usage and help texts for the 'archive' command have been clarified and corrected.
- TeamCity: Fix Log command behavior: fixed issue with moved items in TeamCity, it will now detect them as added and deleted.
- WebUI: Blank views in Korean machine. The branches and changesets view, and also the charts, were not correctly displayed in a server installed in a Korean machine.
- Shelve: Index (zero based) exception in GUI. Fixed the error "Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero" when a shelve operation is performed from the GUI.
- Update Merge does not detect already merged status: when the latest changes on the server have already been merged, the update process was asking for a merge again. Fixed
- Exclusive checkout: some rules are not working. The filters (ignored, cloaked, hidden, locks…) are wrongly handling the rules with dots, such as *.prefab.meta, as an extension (.prefab.meta) rule when only .meta is the extension. Now they are properly handled as ends pattern rule.
- Merge tool icons: get new icons. Button icons in merge/diff tools have been updated to the new themes.
- Comparison method and enconding not available in CL. Added the option for selecting a custom encoding, and specifying a comparison method: Four comparison methods are available: IgnoreEol, IgnoreWhitespaces, IgnoreEolWhitespaces, NotIgnore, more info in the comand usage.