New SemanticMerge 220.127.116.11 is out today
We just released a new version of SemanticMerge: 18.104.22.168
This release includes several suggestions and fixes sent by the users:
- semanticmergetool can now be launched with positional arguments. It means you can invoke it as semanticmergetool theirs.cs yours.cs base.cs output.cs instead of using the -s -d -b and -r arguments. We have implemented this to fix issues when launching SemanticMerge from SourceTree for Mercurial. It also helps launching from Perforce. The default order for positional arguments is source (theirs), destination (yours), base and output. It can be customized using the --fileparamorder flag. Sample: semanticmergetool --fileparamorder=b;s;d;r base.cs source.cs destination.cs result.cs
- Drag and drop! It is now possible to drag and drop files to the file selection dialog that shows up when you invoke semanticmerge without arguments.
- A new Linux/GTK version is ready including all the latest additions to the Windows version.
- We fixed an issue in a complex merge scenario: merging two contributors where contributor 1 moves a subclass up to the parent container and deletes its old container while contributor 2 adds a subclass to the container deleted on the first contributor and adds there a new method. Not an easy one but it was reported by one of the users, and fixed!
- Several improvements in Xmerge, the text-based builtin merge tool: better text selection (also added to Plastic), new icons, and a xmerge refactored scenario fixed too.
We've also released today SemanticMerge at the Visual Studio Gallery!